What is Prakratik Living?
Prakratik is Sanskrit for Natural. It is derived from Prakriti, which can also be defined as the primal force, and is considered to be the basic building block of the Universe, thus the basis of all creation.
And that is what Prakratik Living is all about, being one with nature, taking from it, giving back into it, completing the cycle, with little wasted, and whatever is, being recycled. Living natural is protecting and honouring our body, our spirit, our environment, our planet. It is questioning our consumerist status quo and being open to old wisdom and new insights.
Our intention is to initiate a movement towards living natural. A community endeavour that helps each of us to connect better with nature and our own selves. We are putting together a catalogue of every single product and service that resonates with our philosophy. And we are working to ensure that you can access them at your door step or at a store near you.
We believe that change is possible one step at a time. We are guided by our values system, which is made of 9 pillars:
These are our guiding stars, our touchstones, our platinum standard for where we want to be. We are work in progress and we cannot do this alone, in fact we would not want to, even if we could.
Prakratik Living is a positive and experiential way of being that respects nature and seeks to achieve harmony with it. It is meant for those that are willing to go that extra to find products and services that resonate with their wanting to be more gentle with life.
Andtogether we can make this the future of living.
Welcome to Prakratik Living!
Everything that is built to last needs a foundation and is built atop pillars. Our belief is our foundation, and we are building Prakratik Living atop nine pillars that guide us along every step, helping us to make decisions with an empowering clarity.
So what do each of these Prakratik Living Pillars stand for?
1. Natural refers to that which is existing in or is produced by nature; and not artificially (directly or indirectly by humans). Our natural products are produced from natural sources with zero or minimal processing and thus do not include any artificial chemicals, additives, hormones, or any ingredients that were not originally present.
2. Organic products, including food, are made from produce that's grown using renewable resources, while maintaining the conservation of soil and water, and without the use of artificial pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, genetically modified organisms, antibiotics or growth hormones. Our organic products are certified as India Organic, USDA Organic (USA) and / or EU Organic.
3. Healthy for us is a state of mind and is all encompassing. Every product and service of ours is carefully chosen to ensure that it enhances your life. This of of course means that most producers and suppliers do not meet our very stringent norms, and we want to keep it that way. For instance our food produce is wholesome, nutrient rich, chemical free and has only good fats.
4. Pure is not just a word for us. Many products that are wholesome at source have impurities by the time they reach the end user. Whether by intention or negligence, the net effect is harmful to our body. We ensure through stringent quality control norms that at every stage, from producer to you, purity is never compromised.
5. Sustainable is increasingly a pre-requisite for long term business value. In an increasingly fragile world, it is necessary that our needs are met without damaging our planet's 'integrity, stability and beauty'. And that's why we are working towards sustainability, both upstream and downstream, right from when the product is made through the packaging, transportation, to the ultimate disposal.
6. Mindful means making conscious and careful choices in everything that we do and consume. We are constantly seeking wisdom and insights from experts and will continue to share the same with you at every step. We are aware that the environment is a stakeholder in our endeavour and a percentage of what we earn goes to causes that seek to create harmony with nature. We welcome your support.
7. Local sourcing is desirable as it supports the community that we live in. Every product and service is first sourced locally and we are initiating programs that will help supply partners to bring their practises up to our requirements. We also actively encourage and support community entrepreneurship for products and services that are not available locally.
8. Encompassing a wide range of products and services is essential to ensure that we can meet all of your needs in one place. Our vision is to create a whole earth catalogue but which will continue to be true to all the other pillars. We are continuously evaluating new partnerships, and would love to hear from you about possible synergies.
9. Transparent in our intentions as well as our actions, our open-book policy is designed to foster a sense of ownership. Our philosophy is to ensure clear and ongoing communication with every stakeholder, and which includes you. We are easily reachable through our cell phone, email, messaging and social media.